Prep time: 15 min
- 8 Butter Lettuce Leaves- Picked, washed and left whole
- ½ Cup Jicama- Peeled, sliced thin, then cut into matchsticks
- ½ Cup Napa Cabbage- Sliced Fine
- ½ Each Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper- Seeded and sliced very thin
- 2 Tbs Fresh Tarragon- Diced fine, reserve some for garnishing
- 1 Lb Lean Century Harvest Farms Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 4 Tbs Century Harvest Farms BBQ Rub
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Smokehaus Blue Cheese- Crumbled
- 4 Tbs Century Harvest Farms Heirloom Tomato Jam
- In a medium size mixing bowl add ground beef and BBQ rub, mix thoroughly.
- Form four football shaped patties and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan or cast iron skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- Place beef patties in pan and cook on medium-high heat for about 90 seconds, flip, then cook for another 90 seconds “or until the desired doneness”.
- Turn heat to low and evenly top cooked patties with crumbled blue cheese, place lid on the pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute to somewhat melt cheese.
- While beef is cooking, place butter lettuce leaves on plates
- Add jicama, Napa cabbage, bell pepper, and tarragon to a medium size bowl and mix well to make a simple, crunchy slaw.
- Place slaw on top of butter lettuce leaves.
- Place cooked blue cheese & beef patties on top of slaw.
- Spoon tomato jam on top of blue cheese.
- Garnish with remaining diced tarragon and Enjoy!